Thursday 18 June 2015

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yay Summer has arrived! I have been getting so fed up of pulling sweaters out of the wardrobe every morning in June! Now I have finally been able to get out my cute summer outfits. With all that has been going on at the house I have not had the time to bake either so when a moment arose I grabbed it! There is something so comforting about peanut butter, rich, tasty, filling and so satisfying.

My Mum baked a lot and peanut butter cookies were a real treat I looked forward to. I decided it was time to make some for myself and of course the family.  These cookies are soft, thick, with a subtle peanut butter/salty taste. You will find it hard to just have one! Or is that just me!





These have the traditional fork imprints and will take you right back to your childhood.

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients

Makes 18-20 cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Method

1. Pre heat oven to 375'F/180'C. 
2. Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and peanut butter until well incorporated.
4. Gradually mix in the flour, salt and baking soda until a dough is formed. You may need to use your hands to bring all the mixture together.
5. Use non stick baking trays or trays lined with greaseproof paper. 
6. Take a piece of dough and roll into a ball. Place on the tray. Once all cookies have been formed, take a fork and gently press down with the prongs. Take the fork again and press in the opposite direction.
7. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they start to turn golden. Turn out onto a rack to cool.

The cookies should be quite thick even after pressing down with the fork.

Golden slight crisp top with very soft middle.


Enjoy!

Perhaps make some for Dad this weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment