Tuesday 3 March 2015

Bringing a little bit of Spring to the house!


I am so excited for Spring! I try not to live in my boots in the Winter but alas I practically did it again this year. So when some lovely Spring sunshine graced 1st March, out came my super cute leopard print kitten heels! It felt good to be wearing shoes! Sadly even though we have had beautiful sunshine it has been very cold, so the boots have made a reappearance! I am hopeful for the weekend though!

With beautiful sunshine comes thoughts of Spring, Easter, birthdays and warmer days. My living room is pretty choc full of pretty ornaments, candle holders and books but my kitchen/diner is lacking in a bit of decorative treatment.

I bought a Sissix Big Shot die cutter a few years ago and have never got around to using it! Terrible I know! I also have one solitary die for it too! I decided to dust it down and give it a good workout by cutting many many flower shapes from it.

I gathered plenty of pastel patterned and plain paper and card that I could find.


As you can see I have a fair selection! My kitchen is painted yellow with cream and blue appliances and trinkets so I wanted any paper I used to complement it. I cut out at least one set of flowers from each piece of paper.


I also gathered up some Spring coloured sequins and resin flowers that I had to hand. I took various flower shapes and put them together with different patterns to create unique looking designs. I used glue dots and pads to stick them together and finished them off with an embellishment in the middle.


I then got a length of thin jute string and stuck each flower to it with a space in between. I again used the glue pads for quick and easy fixing!


Here they are hanging up in the kitchen. It's pretty and seasonal and will keep the kitchen looking fun and ready for Easter!

I gathered some pieces I had to hand to create a Spring mantle along with some new pieces I just had to buy!


I bought this cute little chap when my husband and I went away for our little break. His tag has my son's name on it so he just had to come home with us! Aren't his wellies adorable?


I was given this jar as part of a gift and it has come in very handy holding little treats! I tied some seasonal ribbon around and filled it with micro mini eggs which I bought from Sainsburys.


This stemmed jar is actually from Sainsbury's bathroom collection. I thought it would be perfect for holding all manner of pretty things including these foam glitter eggs! Plus it was a bargain at just £7.00!

I have all kinds of candles around my house, but Yankee Candles are my favourite! I love the spice, food and seasonal ones that they do. I just tied a bit of the seasonal ribbon around this one to tie it in to the rest of the items.

I bought the jute runner from Hobbycraft in their January sale. It hides the ugly black shelf fairly well. I cannot wait to switch out the kitchen for something much more light and airy!

Isn't the sheep the cutest? I was in town and noticed that Tiger had all their Spring and Easter stuff out. If you look carefully through Tiger you can find some absolute bargains and great pieces to add to your collection. I bought the sheep and a fuzzy little bunny from there for next to nothing! The hen I purchased a while back from a lovely local gift shop.

 If you look closely you can just spot the fuzzy bunny!

Do you like to decorate for the seasons? Share over on my Facebook page!

Have a great week!



 








No comments:

Post a Comment