Monday 2 February 2015

Little coastal themed bathroom

How was your weekend? We had a busy one getting the youngest ready for a week long trip away with the school! Talk about excited! Far from having a relaxing weekend (well I did, I went to the spa!), the rest of the family went biking in the freezing cold. 

After packing the youngest up for the trip I finally got around to finishing off the downstairs bathroom's coastal makeover.

As I was changing the fixtures for the towels and toilet rolls, there was some filling and re painting to be done. Thankfully the towel rail covered the original one but the toilet roll holder left a big mess once we took if off the wall! 


See? Big mess!  After lots of filling, sanding and painting, it was finally done! This is what held me up finishing! It was way worse than I had imagined!


Ah all done with a nice new seahorse shaped holder! I managed to drill the holes with a little help from the husband! This wall is very sandy and annoying!

I really love the matching towel rail! Before I had one of those ring style holders and it had broken and just looked awful! This should last longer, I hope!


All the fixtures were like this, silver, and not very inspiring.


I switched the light pull out for this pretty white pull with pearl mosaic stones which catch such pretty tones in the light!



I decided the best place for my little beach hut canvas was the door. I'd seen a similar sign on EBay so it seemed the perfect spot for it!


The canvas paintings are up and blend really well with the rest of the decorations. The light hits them and they sparkle thanks to the champagne gold paint! Really pretty but impossible to get on the camera!


I decided the vase looked best on the window sill rather than on the floor (I may buy a plant at some stage for the floor instead) and I was so pleased that all the decorations go so well together, from the colours to the design,


Finally I hung my heart shell wreath next to the mirror, along with a fishing style bag of large shells on the sink. My husband made the cabinet when we first painted the bathroom. We debated painting it a light colour, however, the colour reminds me of driftwood so it remains for now as is!

It makes me happy to have changed the room for about £30.00!


The husband and I are having a little break ourselves while the youngest is away, so the blog will be quiet for a short while.

If you are crafting, share it on my Facebook page, I'd love to see what you have been up to!







No comments:

Post a Comment