Wednesday 21 January 2015

Little heart hangers


The weather is dreary and grey so I just have to get crafting and think of warmer, brighter days. I am currently updating my downstairs bathroom, just a few cosmetics changes and I can't wait to show it to you but it's not quite done yet!  Plus today is National Hug day, so in light of that I wanted to show you these lovely little hanging hearts that I made late last year.

I bought a bag of plain wooden hearts from Hobbycraft and used 3 of the largest ones for these hangers.


As you can see they are unfinished and perfect for embellishing.

Firstly I painted both sides with acrylic paint. I left the edges plain for contrast.

After this I drew an initial in the middle of the heart and painted it white. I also added dots to make them less plain.



After they were completely dry I painted a couple of coats of clear varnish to protect them. Next I drilled a small hole at the top, got some thin jute thread and chose some beads to thread on and through the hole. Finally I tied a small bow at the top to finish them off.



Pretty little gifts or something to hang on your door.  You can always add more than one heart to the hanging to make it a little larger as I've done here. I also used rub ons rather than paint to embellish the front.



If you don't like wooden hearts you could always embellish a fabric heart or make one yourself. This one here I embroidered the word 'Love' and glued tiny sequins around the edge.

Happy Hug Day!








No comments:

Post a Comment