Monday 19 January 2015

Jute Love letters


I am so glad to be back crafting this weekend and that all the decluttering is done! 

After I sorted a craft space for myself, I made a little reading nook with a shelf filled with some of my favourite things. We had to move some towers holding CD's and DVD's which left a wall plug exposed. It is just the perfect spot to hang a little home made Love sign next to a photo frame holding pictures of the most special people in my life.

If you have been on Pinterest you would have seen the jute wrapped monogram by Two Twenty One. I just knew I wanted to have a go! I bought 4 small mache letters and wrapped the L, V and E as per the instructions by Two Twenty One. I did need to use my glue gun a fair bit on the back to secure the jute in place.




Wrap wrap wrap!


 All done!

These 3 letters took about an hour to wrap.

The O was a little tricky due to the curves of the letter.

I secured the jute at the back away from the edges and began to wrap in the same manner as the other letters.

I then wrapped horizontally to completely cover the O. I had to use a few small pieces of jute to cover the edges.

Once the letters were wrapped I added some small embellishments, buttons and wooden hearts that I painted in a co-ordinating colour to my frame.

I hot glued the four letters in a vertical shaped and attached a D ring hook to the back of the L.

This project took just the weekend to finish with plenty of time to spare to do other things!


Plus this would make a cute Valentines gift for someone special.













No comments:

Post a Comment