Monday 12 January 2015

Gifts to make for the loves in your life


Token gifts that speak from the heart are best on little silly holidays such as Valentines Day. It's a day to show you care to anybody that you love, friend, child, partner etc! Or at least that's how I feel about the day. We may not do anything particularly significant but it's the small things that count.

I like to get some of their favourite treats with a little home made item to show some extra love! 

Here are some ideas for home made treats!

1. Buy some pretty paper and write a letter to your love noting all the things you love about them;


Find these here.

2. Make them their favourite dinner or get their favourite take out with the table laid with candles, flowers and wine!



Source here

3. Make some or buy some yummy chocolates or other treats so that they can indulge a bit!


Great way to use up those candy canes! Get the original idea here from The Idea Room.


Make lolly pops out of Oreos and chocolate! Get double stuffed though, the regular kind make it difficult to get the lolly stick in! Here's a tutorial.

4. One idea I fell in love with was a pack of cards with a reason on each for why they loved their partner. I saw similar ideas that were more decorative, so I decided to do something like that instead.


This has been one of the top gifts for my hubby!


To make this you will need :

Plain cardstock
Pretty scrapbooking papers
Glue
Plain paper for printing on
Any embellishments that you would like to use.

I first cut the cardstock into squares then covered them with pretty papers. I then thought of my 10 reasons and printed them out. I then cut these into strips and put 2 or 3 on each page. I made a matt for the title and blurred the edges with a little tea. I added a few embellishments to give the pages some interest, but you could leave them plain. Finally I punched a hole through each and tied them all up with a ribbon. Easy and very personal.

Another take on this idea is the 'Heart attack'. You get some heart shaped cards/tags and write one good thing about the person you are giving it to on each card. I packaged these in painted boxes and added some chocolates. See the picture at the top of the page.

5. If you aren't into giving gifts, how about a personalized breakfast?


Change up their usual breakfast by serving it heart shaped!


Make some pancakes and colour half the batter pink or red. Make the pancakes in the usual way, then take a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out a shape in the middle of each pancake. Swap the hearts for the opposite colour pancake for a cute breakfast!

You could just show your love this page and get them to make something for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment