Thursday 11 December 2014

TOUR OF MY CHRISTMAS HOME


When I was little we would decorate the house on the day I broke up from school. This usually was about a week before Christmas. We had a small tree with a mixture of baubles and large twinkling bulbs. There was a mix of paper signs and a nativity which I would cover all the glass doors on our cabinets. I loved it! Mum always left me in charge of the decorating, it was such a treat and one I looked forward to every year. 

When my husband and I got our first place together, my Mum gave me my childhood tree as we had very little cash. I loved again decorating that tree and creating new memories with my husband.

I had always wanted outside lights but we never had these when I was a kid and we couldn't have them in our first home. A couple of years after we moved, we bought a new tree, but I still decorated my old tree and had this in our dining room, but still no outside lights. That all changed one year when I returned home and found my husband hadd bought a string of lights for the front along with a Santa for our garage roof! From there, it has escalated!

I pretty much always buy or make something new for Christmas every year, so decorating starts a lot earlier!!

I like cosy, rustic and fun, with a little bit of different thrown in bringing back memories of past trips or times together. Here's a little peak at some of my favourite Christmas decorations!


Lights are a big part of our Christmas!



And of course, plenty of lights on the trees!


Big bulbs ARE Christmas to me!


I love seeing them twinkling in amongst the different array of decorations.


My childhood tree with little led lights and lots of decorations!


I love my big tree with the big bulbs twinkling away!


Of course all the family gets in on things with their own tree and lots of lights!


Lights do not have to be just on the tree of course! Here in my kitchen/diner we have little LED lights with present cabinets (thank you Pinterest!)

 I have customised this garland with silver decorations, felt stars and hearts and small white lights.


I love how welcoming this makes the house to guests when they step through the front door.


Santa should always be well lit to deliver all those presents!


I love my vast array of decorations. This one was purchased at the Empire State Building!


Hand painted heart by local crafter


A little hand made glass tree from a local Christmas market. Reminds me of spending time with my best friend.


A selection including Disney decorations from different vacations.


One of my first decorations.


Bought from Disney Florida last year. It is huge!


A little cuddly!


Homemade cinnamon decorations that I made at least 5 years ago and still smell delicious!


Brand new Disney decorations!



Home made initial letters. Painted red, roughed up white at the bottom to represent snow, Santa belt and a little hat!


If you follow me on Facebook you would have seen this wooden tree that I painted for my kitchen/diner. I can't trust my cats with the large trees unsupervised! This is a good compromise!


Here is a simple charger painted with acrylic paints. I love added home made touches.


To keep cosy it's always nice to snuggle in a fleece throw, even better when it had a cute snowman on it!


Tree skirts have a way of attracting an additional decoration!


Who can say no to this cutie?


I love vintage feel rustic decorations and this Santa is no exception!


I hope to see some of your Christmas homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment