Wednesday 19 November 2014

HOMEMADE GIFT TAGS
















One of the easiest ways to personalise your gifts is to make your own gift tags. I've been making my own for the past few years and enjoy picking out the perfect tag for each gift recipient.

Firstly you will need tags, ribbons and any embellishments you want to use like felt, stickers, small card making supplies etc.


I've gathered a lot over the past couple of years plus I bought some small wooden shapes and snowflake stickers.


I like to use a variety of ribbons and jute.

There really isn't any need for a how to with gift tags as it's a very personal thing. You can make them super simple but just adding festive stickers to plain tags like this one.


I added a little bow just to add a bit of interest!

Or you can get a bit more creative by using felt and making festive shapes. Here I got some small felt squares that I had from an embellishment box.


I cut the squares in half and then cut small triangles out of them to resemble bunting. I saw these and wanted to create something similar. I think it turned out well and makes a change from the usual festive shapes. Plus this idea would work well for many other occasions. 


I hand wrote the greeting but like the idea of printing this as well.

I also saw this bunting and liked the idea of mittens as Christmas decorations. So I took another 2 squares of felt, drew a mitten shape onto it, cut out, added another straight piece as the cuff, drew 'stitches' and glued a bow to the cuffs. I added a small pom pom to look like a snowball!


I have also used my new wooden shapes to embellish the tags quite simply.


I'll be making many more of these and it's fun to play around with the embellishments to see what I can come up with. If you make some share them on my Facebook page so can we can inspire one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment