Friday 12 September 2014

QUICK CRAFT - VOTIVE HOLDER


I am sharing a quick craft I have done a few times as gifts for others. I found this inspiration photo on Pinterest from the blog Under the Table and Dreaming. It looked so easy, cheap and cute, and it was!

Firstly I bought some jute twine, wooden hearts and a hot glue gun (perfect excuse to finally buy one!)
You can use any sort of string/yarn for this craft though. I can imagine using a colourful wool/yarn would be great and easy to match the decor of the room in which it was placed in!


I got a plain glass votive and hot glued the end of the twine at the bottom of the votive. Then I started carefully winding the twine around the votive, keeping it tight and close together all the way up. At the end, I used the hot glue gun to seal it in place.
Next I got some wooden hearts to embellish with. I am planning to make some for Christmas with these stars.


I used the gun to attach this to the front of my votive and voilà! It was done. Super easy, super cute!


The wooden hearts I used are by Lara's Crafts which I bought from Hobbycraft here.
Plain votives can be bought just about anywhere though I found these which are ideal.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment