Tuesday 9 September 2014

NEW SEASON, NEW FASHION


                                           Double breasted jacket H&M                 Clean Zip Coat Next                            A Line coat ASOS

I just love clothes, can't get enough of them! It may still be nice and sunny out there (or at least for now) but I am so looking forward to wearing all my autumn/winter fashions! Are you? So of course, as it's a new season a new coat is in order! I am quite short so sometimes finding coats or jackets which won't swamp me can be tough. Sometimes it might be the shoulders, the length or the cut which can swamp a petite frame.  I am loving the selection above, pastel, neutral or dark! The jacket from H&M looks nicely fitted and is a great length, perfect for petites, plus it is a steal at £29.99. The stand up collar is a bonus when keeping cosy and stylish on the school run. The coat from Next has great detailing with the PU trim and is available in their petite range! Finally I just love the pastel hue of the coat from ASOS. The padded shoulders might add too much to a petite frame but I am taking inspiration in shape and colour when I go shopping. Plus my other half has offered to buy me a coat for my birthday, budget concerns be gone!

Whilst I am normally happy to buy cheap/reasonable for most things, there are some things that are worth investing in, one is your winter coat.  You want it to last more than one season, or at least I do, so quality is key.  I am not so much a follower of every single trend so if pastel coats aren't in next year I am unlikely to be bothered. However, the colour does need to work for the majority of your wardrobe.
Blues or neutrals seem to go with almost anything. Red is a bold statement and I love it in a coat but can imagine it might be a hard pairing with some items.

I am hoping to try the above styles or similar when I go shopping.  I will share some photos from my shopping trip when the time comes! The fitted feminine look is so classy and elegant, transforming jeans and a jumper into a chic outfit. Take a look at my Clothes and Accessories Wish List board on Pinterest to see what else I am coveting!


No comments:

Post a Comment